This zesty spinach and walnut pesto sauce is by far the quickest and most budget-friendly way to make a flavorful meal. It’s spicy, creamy and cheesy—what’s not to love?
1 [8oz.] box of spaghetti [whole grain or gluten free]
4 cups of fresh spinach [loose leafs]
¼ cup of walnuts [toasted]
2 cloves of garlic
3 ½ tablespoons of parmesan cheese
½ cup of olive oil
Black pepper [to taste]
Salt [preferably kosher, to taste]
Blender or food processor
Small sauté pan
Medium pot [boiling pasta]
Large mixing bowl
- Cook the pasta in a medium pot.
- While it’s boiling, prep the spinach and walnut pesto sauce.
- Place the small sauté pan onto the stovetop and turn it to a medium heat. Make sure the pan has no oil or water, it needs to be dry for the walnuts to toast.
- Next, place the walnuts in the sauté pan and toast for one-to-two minutes. The walnuts should not turn dark. Once they are toasted, place aside for later use.
- In a food processor or blender add the spinach, toasted walnuts, garlic and parmesan cheese and pulse until it turns into paste. Slowly add the olive oil and continue. Make sure to slowly drizzle in your olive oil to avoid large clumps.
- Once the paste is the color and taste you want, pour it into your mixing bowl. Then add the cooked pasta and toss to cover it with the spinach-pesto sauce. Serve and enjoy!
This super green mask is a great source of vitamin A, which is necessary for the growth of all tissues, including skin and hair. Spinach is also high in vitamin C, which is essential for building and maintaining collagen, giving structure to skin and hair.
5 medium spinach leaves
1 tablespoon of honey
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
2 teaspoons lime juice
- Place the spinach leaves on a cutting board and chop finely.
- Place the chopped spinach, honey, coconut oil and lime juice into a small mixing bowl. Mix the ingredients until it becomes a fairly loose paste.
- Apply the mask onto your skin and let it soak up for
20 – 25 minutes. Once the time is up, wash your face with cold water and pat dry!
Content and images by: Diana Rodelo
For more food recipes please visit, www.dianarodelo.com
Follow Diana’s journey on // Instagram @diana_rodelo // Twitter @Diana Rodelo // Facebook Diana Rodelo